This calendar contains a wide variety of events across the DFW Metroplex for all ages and interests. We hope you will use it as your central hub for planning your stay in DFW if you have travelled to view the Total Solar Eclipse or if you are a resident seeking to make the most of this once-in-a-lifetime experience.
While the majority of the events are scheduled during the weekend before the Total Eclipse, others are programmed in the months leading up to the April 8, 2024 celestial event. Learn more about the Total Eclipse DFW here.
Event options include learning opportunities to help you and your family understand what happens during the Total Solar Eclipse, how to prepare and most importantly, how to protect your eyes during the lead up to and the aftermath of the period of totality.
Other events include music, arts, sports, celebrations, museums, businesses, food, local entertainment, tours and many others.
Total Eclipse DFW invited groups with events to upload the information to our site as a service to the community. We take no responsibility for the events, organizations/entities or any representations they have made. We provided the calendar only and are not liable for users’ experience with these organizations or events. By using the calendar on this website, you take full responsibility for your own dealings with the event organizers and posters.
With this understanding in place, we suggest you check back regularly to see additional events that have been posted. We expect the calendar to be updated more frequently by the community as the Total Solar Eclipse nears!
Texas Star Party’s 2024 Total Solar Eclipse and Star Party – Hillsboro Texas
April 5 - April 9tbd
Join TSP for a 4 night accommodations and 11 meal package to observe the stary night skies of Texas and the 2024 Total Solar Eclipse April 8th, 2024 with 4 minutes and 23.3 seconds of totality from the Heart of Texas 25 miles southwest of Hillsboro, Texas. Which Astronomy magazine rated as the 7th best location to see the 2024 Total Eclipse. Arrive Friday April 5th, 12 Noon and depart April 9th 10am, 2024.
2 Evening SPEAKER NIGHTS! And lots of fun activities! Check back for Updates and Additional Information!
BOOKING FOR TSP’S 2024 TOTAL ECLIPSE AND STAR PARTY IS NOW OPEN! LOGIN AND/OR CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT AND PURCHASE YOUR EVENT PASS.
FUN ACTIVITIES (Scheduled by Latham Springs)
(Saturday and Sunday – 2 hours in the mornings and 2 hours in the afternoons)
- Giant Swing
- Fishing-Bring your own gear or we can provide.
- Frisbee Golf
- Bazooka-Ball Course
- Gel-Ball Course
TEXAS STAR PARTY (Scheduled Activities)
Evening Attendee Speakers (Speakers to be announced on TSP website)
Afternoon Speakers (Speakers to be announced on TSP website)
- Monday Night at the Movies (April 8th, 2024)
- Amateur Telescope Makers, Astronomy Art, Astro-imaging Competition
- Technical Poster Sessions
- Advanced Observing Challenges
- General Observing Challenges
- Novice and Binocular Observing Challenges
- 8 Miles of Hiking Trails for your enjoyment
- Guided tours of the night sky by TSP Staff Volunteers
- Dedicated Dark Out (No White Light Source) Night-Time Observing Fields with Electrical Power Grid installed to power your telescope(s), Astro-imaging equipment and laptop computers.
- Our venue is Latham Spring Camp and Retreat Center, located 20 miles south southwest of Hillsboro, Texas.
- Hillsboro, Texas has been rated by Astronomy magazine to the be 7th best location to observe the 2024 April 8th Total Solar Eclipse.
- FYI-Lampasas, Texas is rated 6th out of 20 best locations by Astronomy magazine. Lampasas is approximately 92 miles away to the southwest.